How do you pay for the performance you need?
Solomon Coyle’s Compensation and Practices Survey yields the office furniture industry’s most comprehensive dealer salary, benefits, and HR policy and practices information. To keep it actionable, we run the survey and produce a new report every two years.
Our analysis covers the typical dealer positions for the surveyed period plus a number of increasingly common specialty sales roles. For each position we enable comparison by region, company size, revenue, years of experience and, when possible, market-specific data. Whether it’s used to validate current plans, policies and practices or design better ones, our compensation research offers critical competitive advantage for staff recruitment, retention and performance.
This report is the most comprehensive and up-to-date source of industry salary information available and contains in-depth information on the following:
- Industry breakouts for key dealer positions divided by region, company size, revenue and job competency level, and when possible, market-specific data
- Salary reports showing base pay, variable pay, and total compensation
- Compensation strategies
- Commission and bonus plan summaries and expense practices
- Demographic and compensation trending data
- Sales plan types and policies
- Selected sales plan detail
2023 Report Highlights:
- Turnover remains elevated but has lowered over the last two years. In 2020 the majority of turnover was involuntary, whereas for 2023 the majority is voluntary.
- Staff Development continues to evolve; there are more defined onboarding and career development programs being offered.
- DEI continues to gain importance with 50.6% of respondents indicating they are investing in programs, up from 40.8% in 2020.
- Total percentage of commissioned salespeople has dropped from 30.2% to 24.7%.
- Wage Inflation is still up for key non-sales positions. Examples of a few key roles: Designers are up8.3%, PM Staff up 9.4%, Customer Service up 13%, Field Leads up 14.1%, Installers up 18.1%.
- Benefits have continued to go up in cost. 97.1% of distributors offer medical, 94.1% offer dental, 89.4% offer vision; 85.9% offer Life and 82.9% offer Accidental Death. 86% of distributors now also offer a retirement savings plan.
How to Access the 2023 Report:
Those participants who have completed the survey can access the full version of the report and analysis tool by visiting https://bi.solomoncoyle.com/.
SPECIAL OFFER: SCi3 subscribers receive access to the 2023 Report and Analysis Tool and have the ability to compare reporting periods and new compensation modeling tools. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire.
Non-participants may purchase the report, below.
If you would like to discuss the Compensation and Practices survey, or any of Solomon Coyle’s research programs, please email us at email@example.com.