How do you pay for the performance you need?
Solomon Coyle’s Compensation and Practices Survey yields the office furniture industry’s most comprehensive dealer salary, benefits, and HR policy and practices information. To keep it actionable, we run the survey and produce a new report every two years.
Our analysis covers the typical dealer positions for the surveyed period plus a number of increasingly common specialty sales roles. For each position we enable comparison by region, company size, revenue, years of experience and, when possible, market-specific data.
Whether it’s used to validate current plans, policies and practices or design better ones, our compensation research offers critical competitive advantage for staff recruitment, retention and performance.
Quick facts about the latest report (YE2020):
- Respondents represent Allsteel, Haworth, Herman Miller, Kimball, Knoll, Steelcase and Teknion LLC dealers and Education Market Association dealer members.
- All sizes of businesses are representative and consistent with the annual Solomon Coyle Financial Benchmarking survey.
- Includes 191 responses from dealers across 40 states and 6 Canadian provinces.
- Includes detailed salary information for over 12,870 employees.
- Includes over 60 typical Sales Management, Sales and non-Sales positions.
- Includes a new section addressing Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI).
This report is the most comprehensive and up-to-date source of industry salary information available and contains in-depth information on the following:
- Industry breakouts for key dealer positions divided by region, company size, revenue and job competency level, and when possible, market-specific data
- Salary reports showing base pay, variable pay, and total compensation
- Compensation strategies
- Commission and bonus plan summaries and expense practices
- Demographic and compensation trending data
- Sales plan types and policies
- Selected sales plan detail
If you would like to discuss the Compensation and Practices survey, or any of Solomon Coyle’s research programs, please email us at email@example.com.